Friday, September 01, 2006

Drew on libertarians

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Now that we're talking about Toothpaste for Dinner, here's some political commentary by TfD artist Drew:

"Seriously, though, the cost of living goes up every day, because the interest all the banks make has to go somewhere. Look at me, I'm a libertarian! I'm making up my own imaginary rules about how society works!

"No, I'm kidding. I'm not a libertarian. These dudes are generally smart, though. Nobody watches television and is like 'Huh, so I guess I'm a libertarian.' You have to either read books or get on the internet and learn about politics. And yeah, I said dudes, and yeah you know some lady libertarian, but on the real: The Libertarian Party is a sausage party.

"I guess in some high schools they might teach you about what a libertarian is. The lecture just consists of a picture of a dude in a golf shirt, with a goatee, standing in his doorway. With six guns.

"This blog has made a lot of jokes about libertarians. The truth about libertarians is that they are awesome, and please don't shoot me libertarians."