Thursday, April 20, 2006

Thoughts on the trinity

Image hosting by Photobucket

"I came up with the following theory about the Trinity over a few low-calorie beers. Someone referred to God as a woman and I stated that I, personally, felt called to refer to God as the great Vagina in the Sky. That didn't seem quite right, though. So as I thought for a moment the theory solidified in my mind and I spoke what will become the greatest piece of theology of our time. God is the Great Uterus...center of all of life and creation. Jesus is the Great Vagina, no man can get through God without going through Jesus first. And the Holy Spirit is of course the Great Clitoris, center of ecstatic spiritual experience."

"At this point, some guy in the pub turns to me and says 'So if the analogy follows...in order to perform effective worship, one should focus on the Holy Spirit?'"

"What a wise, wise man."