Thursday, July 20, 2006

A "heavy sensual rap beat"



"Filled with the Spirit," the opening music video from this year's Purpose-Driven Worship Conference is entertaining in its own right, but this commentary from The Way of Life Literature’s Fundamental Baptist Information Service is the perfect finishing touch:

"A rap video prepared for Rick Warren’s Purpose Driven Worship Conference 2006 is one of the sickest things I have ever seen, and I have been researching the spiritually sick world of CCM for many years. It is by a rapper named Smitty and is mis-titled 'Filled with the Spirit.' It features a heavy sensual rap beat with the following lyrics: 'Ohhhhhh, I’m filled with the Spirit; come gather round so all ya’ll can hear it.'

"You have to see the video and hear the voices to understand just how sick and blasphemous this thing is, but I am not going to give out the link because I don’t want young people, especially, to be influenced by this vile thing."

Thanks to J-Dog for bringing this controversy to my attention, and thank goodness for PoF, young people!