Monday, April 19, 2004

Asylum escapees push stranded car to safety, impress closeted pensioner



"Two mystery men dressed as Batman and Robin have been fighting crime and saving damsels in distress in a small English town.

"Michelle Kirby was stranded when her Peugeot 206 ran out of petrol on Easter Sunday - until Batman and Robin appeared out of nowhere and pushed her car to the nearest petrol station.

"She said: 'They just appeared. I saw them running down the road in Batman and Robin outfits - I was laughing so much.

"'They said, 'I'm Batman, I'm Robin' and I said, 'No, you're not' and asked them if they were going to a fancy dress party but they said they were going back to Gotham City.'

"Ray Cox, 61, spotted the caped crusaders at about 11:30am after doing his morning shopping.

"'I said to my wife, it would make it a better and safer place with these men,' he said. 'Batman was quite a broad chap.'"