Thursday, February 17, 2005

Cover your ears: More Snow on the way



"Canadian rapper MC Snow is returning to the limelight after a criminal record plunged him into obscurity in the early 1990s.

"The Toronto singer shot to fame in 1993 with his massive hit Informer [No. 4 on VH1's 40 Most Awesomely Bad #1 Songs Ever], and has thrilled patient fans by working on a new record, which is due for release later this year.

"Snow credits his time in prison with helping him to hone his skills, joking that 'if you can sing in jail and not get killed, you know you're OK.'

"He says, 'I'm working on a new record right now, which I hope to get rolling later this year. People tell me I paved the way for Eminem.

"'He paved his own way, but he got it easy. I came just after Vanilla Ice, and people were saying, 'What the hell is this guy doing singing in patois?' I had to win people over the tough way. I'm still banned from Japan though.'"