I'm probably bringing Pieces of Flair dangerously close to relevance, but I don't doubt that there will be a post about a graphic novelization of the life of Godzilla creator Tomoyuki Tanaka or the like in the near future to compensate.
Regardless, as I find myself firmly in the "Hell, that's messed up" camp, and as PoF has previously highlighted the disturbing without ignoring the pedophilic, I thought I could give this a go. It also helps that I believe that Brazil's rising international clout makes them the successors of Japan and Russia as international purveyors of cultural unease.
So, with that in mind, I thought I'd seek commentary on Brazil's 8-year-old Lady Gaga, which, while double-take inducing, doesn't lack for camp value:
A frightening new stage in the sexualization of pre-pubescents, or is nothing new under the sun? As Shirley Temple shows us:
OK, with that, I'll start hunting regretsy for a follow-up post.
- ► 2011 (36)
- Grade School Scarface
- "Tesla was the electric Jesus"
- "Jesus-beats bangin' in my trunk"
- The wrong mushroom?
- Fashion must be destroyed
- Before LOST, Ben Linus: Prison Counselor
- What do you mean we?
- Academy Award-Winning Movie Trailer
- The Age of Humbert
- Smells like Teen Spirit - The Ukulele Orchestra
- Speaking of abusing Smells Like Teen Spirit....
- You've been badly whipped...
- Politico Editorial Meeting
- ▼ March (15)
- ► 2009 (136)
- ► 2008 (271)
- ► 2007 (289)
- ► 2006 (876)
- ► 2005 (352)
- ► 2004 (504)