Monday, October 08, 2007

How much is the new Radiohead worth to you?



Via The Chicago Tribune: "How much is a CD worth to you, and, bigger picture, how much is the effort musicians put into making a CD worth?

"Those provocative questions -- a direct challenge to the evolving Internet and cultural norm of treating music as a free commodity -- are posed by Radiohead, the critically-acclaimed English band, in making its new disc, 'In Rainbows,' available for download Oct. 10 at whatever price you want to pay."

According to Klevay, "I ain't gots the technology to appreciate that particular format, so I wasn't planning on buying it. It took me a million years to download that tribute album to OK Computer, and I don't need to do that again any time soon.

"If I were you, I'd pay them one shilling."