Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Katie Holmes converts, starts a movement

Image hosting by Photobucket

Despite claims that Fictionology is all the rage, Scientology has at least one new convert:

"At the London premiere of Batman Begins Sunday, Holmes was asked if she was embracing Scientology. 'Yes, I am, and I'm really excited about it,' she told reporters, adding that she's begun taking classes.

"Last week, the actress told Access Hollywood that she was a big fan of the faith.

"'I have looked into it myself, and I really like it, and I think it's really wonderful,' Holmes said.

"Meanwhile, Cruise, 42, told Entertainment Weekly that Holmes, 26, 'digs' the religion. Asked if he had become more outspoken about his beliefs recently, the actor replied, 'I've always been passionate about it.'

"Last month, Cruise sent eyebrows skyrocketing with his now infamous appearance on The Oprah Winfrey Show, during which he bounded around the stage, springing on and off furniture, before sinking to the floor to declare his rapturous admiration for Cruise.

"Following the Oprah appearance, a newly created Website called FreeKatie.net began hawking merchandise bearing the slogan 'Free Katie' and proclaiming itself dedicated to 'the movement to liberate Katie, a young, gifted actress held captive by forces we may never understand. Even one summer of captivity is too long for one so bright!'"