Wednesday, September 02, 2009

New Eels video - E gets a date



Via Spinner: "'I've never been comfortable sharing my private life with the public, let alone letting a camera crew document it. But I'm willing to try anything once. I met Padma Lakshmi when we appeared on 'The Late Show with David Letterman' recently. I thought I had a shot with her. Then she met my dog, Bobby, Jr.'

"Bobby, Jr., who has a birth-defected backwards leg and a German Shepherd's full-size torso on little Basset Hound legs, made his first appearance on the 2005 Eels album 'Blinking Lights and Other Revelations,' singing the solo on 'Last Time We Spoke.' He has since gone on to have cameos in several Eels videos and has his own line of merchandise and MySpace page. His star has continued a rapid ascent that threatens to eclipse that of his master's.

"'I regret the whole thing now. I was so nervous, I was sweating. While it's a long-standing tradition for rock singers to date beautiful, famous women, it doesn't always go according to plan. I was in over my head. I always dreamt of dating someone as beautiful as Padma Lakshmi. I should probably just go back to dreaming.'"