Friday, May 25, 2007

Let freedom ring

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Via Cruel: "Jennifer Smith tried to keep the peace at her hard-won state job by removing the Confederate-flag tag and a pair of stars-and-bars fuzzy dice from her SUV that she parks at the Department of Health every morning.

"But when her bosses told her to get rid of a ribald warning to tailgaters, the rebel in her surfaced. If the state fired her over it, Smith said Monday, she would find a lawyer and make it a free-speech showdown.

"The red-letter message in her rear window proclaims, 'If you're riding my ass you'd better be pullin' my hair.'

"'I can see, maybe if you thought of it in a sexual manner, that it's offensive,' Smith said. 'But it's meant for tailgaters. That's why I bought it.'

"'I stood up for my rights, and that's what matters to me,' Smith said."