Saturday, June 21, 2003

In honor of a weekend where I will be sitting home piecing together an outline for an article tentatively titled "The Horror of HIPAA: You Don't Know What They Can't Tell You" - or something like that - I thought it would be appropriate to post a list of some of the places I'd much rather be right now.

My soon to be realized dream themeparks:

Habitat for Humanity Poverty Park
Transylvania's Vlad Tepes Funland

And of course, the ones that have been on my pilgrimage list for some time now:

Dollywood
Branson, MO - if only for the Roy Rogers & Dale Evans Museum and the possibility of catching a Yakov Smirnoff show (and didja know, Yakov is the one responsible for the giant heart mural that is at the World Trade Center site?!? What a country!)
The Winchester Mystery House

And things I would see if I happened to be in town:
The Corn Palace (which, btw, has its own webcam)
Dale Earnhardt Tribute (I have faith that the NASCAR fans will eventually ban together and create something outrageous and garish... for now, its just a lonely sign in a park... but time will tell....)
The World of Coca-Cola Museum

And in case you're wondering, I have no interest in seeing the Spam Museum, any of the 4 or 5 giant balls of twine littering the countryside, or any kind of frontier anything museum. (Although I might be talked into visiting Pioneer Village just outside Kearney, NB, as I owe them a favor, but that's another story.)
And, if your tastes are anything like mine, I can't recommend www.roadsideamerica.com too highly.