Thursday, November 06, 2008

Marketing advice from Matt - Bose edition

Bose radio

Occasionally, I like to offer some marketing advice to all of the advertising execs that read PoF. In the past, I have suggested such pearls of wisdom this: Classic rock = YES!, and Family Goatse = NO!

Despite these efforts, it seems that few are listening. In particular, corporations continue in failing to see the advantages of tying their products to classic rock anthems. How awesome would it be to turn TV and film advertisement time into an endless loop of the greatest hits from the 60s and 70s? I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest some of the wildest pairings I can come up with just to get everyone's creative juices flowing:

Microsoft + Rolling Stones = Awesome!
Coke + Queen = Stellar!
Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines + Iggy Pop = Why Not?!?

Even less radical is the almost common sense pairing of Bose and Thin Lizzy. The Bose Wave Radio has been on the market long enough to become a bore. What would bring back the excitement? I propose a "Whopper off the Burger King Menu" publicity stunt where Bose takes the Wave Radio off the market for a short period - long enough to upset Bose Wave Radio fans - and then bring it back with gusto and a new theme song - "The Bose is Back in Town!"

Company executives interested in paying me for additional marketing advice may contact me at any time.